Monday, July 21, 2014

Stay Gold >> Silas' First Birthday


  For Everly's 1st birthday we did an Apple of my Eye theme, because she was indeed just that - the apple of our eye.  It was also so fitting, since her birthday is Novemeber 1st, so it fell perfectly in place with Autumn and Fall.  We had hot apple cider, apple pie, caramel apples, you name it, if it was an apple, it was there.  So, when thinking about a first birthday theme for Silas, I really wanted to do something that expressed him perfectly as well and who he is to us...

"Stay Gold" means to stay true.  It means to be true to yourself, innocent, uncorrupted, unblemished, etc.  Not conforming to what society dictates, but in a sense marching to the beat of your own drum.  This is our Silas.  He is his very own person, already on his very own mission.  Josh and I really believe he's going to do something big one day.  We don't know what it is yet, but we know he's going to blow our mind, because he already does.  Our prayer and wish for him, is to simply stay himself - all throughout his years, we pray he never changes, from the amazing little human that he is already.  He is courageous, strong, brave, fearless, full of life, full of adventure and wonder.  He is constantly winning hearts with his tender sweet soul and he cares so deeply for others.  His love is a strong one and we like to call him "fierce".  Yes, he is only just about to turn 1, but all of these attributes and characteristics are already so true of him.  He's our sunshine boy, our golden boy and we wish him to Stay Gold!

"You're gold when you're a kid.  When you're a kid, everything is new.  Keep it that way, its a good way to be." -Johnny via The Outsiders

































These are just a few things I have planned for the party, quick and easy do-it yourself things.  I got some feathers to spray paint gold and I am hoping they turn out nice.  I'm going to use them as garland and also hang a few on some branches that will be above some tables set up outside.  I love the mason jar's sprayed gold and for favors, I'm doing some little planters in gold sprayed pots that will sit on the tables and each family will be able to take one with them.  Let's just say I will be using lots of gold spray paint!  I am going to try to stick with gold, black and white for the main colors, but I really love adding a touch of some color with the balloons, like the ones pictured above with the gold glitter at the bottom!!!  (Kinda in love with that!)  I also saw a really awesome idea of adding some gold glitter on the inside of clear balloons.  I might try that too!

I started a Pinterest board with all of these items and much more!  If you are looking for links to these items or would like to simply see more of my ideas for the big day, go take a look!  

The big day is this Saturday and I can't even believe my baby boy will be ONE!  It completely has me going crazy and it's blowing my mind.  People are not kidding when they say that the second babies 1st year goes way faster.  I pre-warned Josh that I will most likely be an emotional wreck all week.  (I know...I know...)

I hope everyone has a lovely day!

No comments :

Post a Comment