Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Wear >> Thanksgiving Day Outfits

Thanksgiving is such a fun time of year for my family. It kind of 'kick-starts' the Holidays, and everyone is so happy and cheery! There is just something in the air, that is so nostalgic to me. As much as I do not like the cold air, I accept it during this time. I think the smell of home cooked food, and seeing all the Christmas stuff happening around me is what makes up for the freezing weather. (That and being able to layer cute clothes!) I love being able to drive up to see my parents and have a few 'cooking', 'mouth-stuffing', 'fire building', and a 'relaxing' couple of days with them, right before the Holiday craziness starts. I have always gotten dressed up on the holidays even if we were just hanging out at home. I enjoy going and finding that perfect outfit that will be documented through pictures for everyone to see. I know it is a weird way to connect things, but I remember 'moments in life' from what I wore. For instance I can tell you what I wore on my first day of 7th grade, or what I have worn for the last 4 Thanksgiving dinners. Which is why I work in Fashion, I guess. haha! 

I wanted to show you what my family is wearing this year. This was not an easy task though! I bought Scarlett and I a few matching pieces, thinking they would be easy to dress. Ha! I was totally wrong. I don't know if I have a lot on my mind or what, but I just blanked. Which explains why I just went with Black as our neutral color. It was a lot easier to get outfits for three people with black. I know we will be eating a lot, so comfort was definitely a priority. Being comfortable and stylish at the same time, who doesn't want that! 


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 


1 // 2 // 3 // 4



What is your family wearing? We would love to see, so tag us on Instagram @urbancub
 or use #ucootd or #ucstyle 


No comments :

Post a Comment