Friday, February 14, 2014

My Little Valentine

My daughter is my light, my love, my everything. I couldn't imagine my life without her now that she is in it. She makes my days worth it. She can make even the hardest days, my happiest days. 
I never thought that I would have love like this. I never thought I could give love like this. I have been amazed at how Scarlett has changed me. She makes me want to do better, and to live better. 

Bri and I were talking about confidence last night. About how we want our daughters to be confident and to believe in themselves. Our society has made it so hard for girls to believe that they are worth it, and to believe that they are amazing no matter who they are. I want to teach Scarlett to love herself and to respect herself, without going overboard with it. It is up to us to teach them all of these things and to surround our girls with strong, confident women. I want Scarlett to see her how I see her. I want her to look in the mirror and see the beautiful soul that I see, and the potential that she has to succeed in the world. 

When I think about Scarlett struggling with her self-confidence, it breaks my heart into a million pieces. I want to be the best role model for her and show her how to be a good person, and woman. With lots of prayer and showing her how to love herself, I can only hope that she won't have to struggle with it. 

The reason I say this is because of how it comes full circle. With Scarlett being born she made me such a different person, wanting to do/be the best I can be. Then I turn around and teach her how to do/be the best she can be. So because of her I can teach her all of these things.
 She is my biggest blessing. 

I hope that you can take your little Valentine and love on them, and start to show them how to really love. By loving themselves. 


you can purchase this Hello Apparel shirt here


We LOVE Hello Apparel here at Urban Cub, which is why we wanted to add a pair of their amazing 'Red Hearts Cotton Leggings' to our 14.14.14 giveaway! We are picking our winner tonight so go get all your entries in before then! It is such a HUGE prize, so there is going to be one happy mama tonight! Wish all of your luck!
xox



No comments :

Post a Comment