Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Wish List & Traditions >> Jill Tafoya-Allen

This weeks Wish List and Traditions guest has become such a dear friend to the both of us.  We met Jill on Instagram (go figure), and instantly fell in love.  One thing that really drew us close to Jill is her love for the same clothing brands as us, but really that's just the beginning of it.  She is so kind, so hip, so cool, so funny and she brings the party wherever she goes.  Seriously there are legit "LOL, ROTF, BAHAHAHA" moments all the time with this one.  Jill is also well-known around the IG world for her children fashion inspirations and for her two gorgeous girls, that make anything they wear look amazing.  We love this amazing lady and her two sweeties and we are so excited to have her share her Wish List and Traditions with you all today!

Enjoy!



++cub++  1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7
++mama++  1 // 2 // 3 // 4


About:
My name is Jill, I'm a 27 year old stay-at-home mom to two girls, Ava (age 7) and Cobi (13 months). We live in the Pacific Northwest and enjoy spending time with family and close friends, exploring nature and the outdoors, and finding good bakeries for treats. The holidays are my absolute favorite time of year; there is just always something magical in the air and I love watching my kids partake in everything that makes this season special.


Traditions:
Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year! When growing up, my mom made every holiday a big deal, going above and beyond to make it special for us kids. I've tried to do the same with my family!
Some of our traditions include the appearance of the ever-popular "Elf on a Shelf" each year after Thanksgiving to "watch" the kids and report back to Santa. Our elf, Lulu, often causes quite a bit of mischief as well.
Each year, as a family, we choose the names of two children from a Giving Tree and supply them with gifts for a good Christmas. Ava enjoys helping me shop for the gifts since I usually pick children close to her age; I also feel it teaches her the importance of giving back and spreading love.
We participate in many local Christmas events including A Christmas Ship Cruise on the river in Portland, Christmas Tree lighting in Portland, Zoo Lights, church Christmas concerts and plays and many other things. Like I said, we love Christmas!


Thank you Urban Cub for including me in your December blogger line-up!

No comments :

Post a Comment