Monday, August 11, 2014

Some changes


Change can be scary, yet, it can also be very good.  It's hard to move on from things and turn old adventures into new ones.  It's hard to realize when good things are coming to an end, but there's a time and a season for everything.

Brittany, my sweetest and most amazing blog partner took a break from blogging to mourn the passing of her Father who lost his battle with cancer a couple months back, and during her time away from the blog she realized that blogging right now is not what she needs to be focusing on.  She is taking time to focus on family and some other things going on in her life and I 100% fully stand behind her decision.  I will miss her a ton, but I know God has big plans for her and is going to use her in awesome ways wherever she is at.  I still talk to her frequently and I am so blessed by her friendship.  She has been a means of grace in my life on countless occasions and shines such a positive light on my parenting struggles when I need it.  I love her and I am going to miss her dearly when it comes to working with her on the blog, but this chapter closing, only allows another chapter in her life to start and I wish her nothing but the best!

God has also been opening and closing a lot of doors in my own life.  I have been struggling with not knowing what doors to walk through and which doors to close.  It's taken a lot of prayer and a lot of humility.  Urban Cub was started by Brittany and myself and since Brittany has stepped down, I have been feeling quite a bit of tugging on my heart to change a few things around here.  Again - change is a scary thing, especially because I love what I do here on the blog, but without Brittany it won't be the "same".  We had a very specific vision when we created Urban Cub and without her, some of that vision is lost.  She inspired me in a lot of ways when it came to posts and now I am always on the hunt for different inspiration.  Although a lot of things may stay the same, a lot of things may change over time...

One of the doors that has opened for me, is I have started a personal business venture - Urban Cub Photography.  This has been a creative outlet that I have enjoyed doing for quite some time now, and I am excited to venture outside of just doing photos for my own family but doing them for others as well.  I actually just did my very first photoshoot this past weekend and had a blast.  

I am excited to share more of whats going on and my plans and hopes for Urban Cub.  I still LOVE to blog.  Ever since I originally started blogging with MINe (now Mini Style blog), I knew it was something I always wanted to do.  I blog mainly for my babies.  They are my passion, my greatest hope and the main reason why I blog.  As much as I love fashion and photography, it will never consume us or define who we are.  I blog for them, for my sweetest Everly and my greatest joy, Silas.  I write so that I can savor our time together.  I write so that I have a keepsake of our life together.  I write and share photos so I can watch them grow, over and over again.  This life goes by way too fast and it's too precious not to remember it all.  So this little space is for us.  Whether styled or unstyled, we come raw and open, sharing our daily life happenings.  And that's all I wish Urban Cub to be in the end.  A place to hold our greatest life stories.

So basically, you may see some changes on the blog, maybe some minor ones, maybe some bigger ones...  But whatever we decide to do here, it will be because that is where I feel God has us.  God plays the biggest role in my life and heart and if I follow Him, I know wherever he leads me, it will be good - It will be for the best.

I wanted to say THANK YOU!  If you follow Urban Cub and read the blog, thank you!  Thank you for your support and for always being so kind.  We get so much positive feedback via emails and loving comments on Instagram daily/weekly and I am constantly blown away by your sweet words!  Just the simple fact that you guys love on my babies, completely melts me.  Thank you for following along our journey.  It's a windy road and sometimes I totally miss the mark and open the wrong door only to realize I need to close it.  But I am always amazed with this little community and your constant encouragement no matter where we are at in life.  So thank you, from the bottom of my heart!

Love you guys!!!

1 comment :

  1. Congratulations on this new venture! Can you shoot me an email when you get a chance? Basically, I'm looking for a photo of each child individually and one of them all together. rushashleigh@gmail.com
    Thanks mama!!

    ReplyDelete