Thursday, June 26, 2014

Inside the Shop >> Amelia Presents

Today I am introducing to you a new series I'm really excited about sharing with you guys - Inside the Shop!  I have found that a lot of us shop online from some really amazing brick and mortar shops, that we don't even know what the shop looks like on the inside.  Today, we have Erin, from Amelia Presents sharing with us the inside of her shop!  Erin has the sweetest taste in style, so it was a lot of fun to see how she added all those extra sweet touches in styling her shop as well!

Welcome Erin and enjoy your little peek into her sweet little shop; Amelia Presents.

After moving all over the country throughout my twenties and traveling for work even further, as a merchandiser for several different bands, in 2005, it was time to get back to my roots and move back to the Oxford, Mississippi area, where I grew up. As I continued to travel for work as a travel nanny, I would always look for the type of shop that I could pick up something from a local artist or something that I couldn't find anywhere else. Time after time, I would discover so many great artists, making jewelry, stationery, housewares and so on. As I started to travel less and was looking to change paths, I decided it was time to open up a shop, the type that stocked the handmade items I had spent the last nine years searching for and like ones I had worked in previously, like Lipstick Traces in Seattle, in 2000 and Decades Ago-go in Tampa, where I worked all through college, 1994-1998. After years in retail, it seemed like the proper next step. So, in 2009, Amelia opened. A shop where the new wave of craft culture meets design and makes it an art. I only buy smaller quantities so that everything in the shop is more limited and unique and allows for space to find new artists. Amelia is only 187 square feet so thinking about space is a daily obstacle. People ask me all the time where the name Amelia came from.... When I was brainstorming about a name, I knew that I wanted one that made me think of a time when everything was handmade because that's just the way things were done, so an old fashioned name was what I wanted. Seeing that I have a lot of travel items and also a lot of children's items, two different icons named Amelia came to mind, Amelia Earhart and Amelia Bedelia. And so it came to be...


Visit Amelia Presents online, here.

No comments :

Post a Comment